ONE PAN PALEO
An easy to make and easy to vary one pan meal
Meat, Veggies, Fat and Spices
If you are looking for an easy and delicious Paleo meal this will hit the spot.
- Start with a heavy pan (I prefer cast iron) that has a lid. Melt some of your preffered fat in the bottom of the pan with the heat on medium high.
- Once the fat is melted, toss in a pound of ground meat. Season it with your choice of spices.
- Cook and stir until the meat is browned all over.
- Dump in a bag of frozen veggies and stir everything together for about a minute.
- Cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat down to medium.Let everything cook for about 15 minutes. It is done when the veggies are cooked through.
- After you take the pan off the heat, pour some olive oil over the whole thing and stir it again. I always add the oil afterwards so the fat profile is not altered by the heat of cooking.
I think this works for any meal of the day and it travels great for packed lunches as well. You can vary the meat, veggie, spice mixture with any combination you can think of to keep things exciting.
I have to give credit to Robb Wolf for this recipe. He outlined this and several other easy and awesome recipes in his book and on his site.