BURNS & FIRE IN THE KITCHEN
It starts with PREVENTION!
- Always open hot lids away from you so the hot steam doesn't burn you!
- Always use pot holders! (no towels are not the same as pot holder)
- To avoid knocking hot pots or pans over, always turn the handles over the counter!
- Water does not always work! Extinguish fire with water if it is small and not a grease fire otherwise use baking soda or a fire extinguisher to put out the flame!
If all else fails, bring out the FIRST AID
- We all know this one... STOP DROP AND ROLL!!
- Place the burn under cold water immediately!
- Do not break blisters and do not follow follow home remedies!
- If the burn is serious you should consult a doctor about proper treatment!