Most people don't think that identity theft could happen to them, but identity theft can happen to anyone. You can help prevent but that don't mean its for sure your identity won't get stolen. It is a serious thing and you should do your best to protect it. People can pose as you and do criminal activities that you would get in trouble for.
How to protect yourself from Identity Theft
There are several steps to protect yourself from identity theft.
- Watch your wallet when you are shopping.
- Do not tell people your pin number.
- When shopping online, shop on secure networks.
- Keep your financial records, social security etc... in a safe place.
- Do not give personal information to someone who calls you or emails you.