Help Wanted- Substance Abuse Counselor
Looking for someone to:
- Counsel and advise individuals with alcohol, tobacco, drug or other problems.
- Counsel clients or patients individually or in group sessions.
- Develop client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Working in groups or individually and talking or advising others most of the time.
- Therapy and counseling- knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- You should be able to know how to communicate with others that don't agree with the same decisions as you. You also should be able to listen and let others explain and present to you exactly what is going on in their lives.
- Active Listening
- Judgement and Decision Making
- High school diploma/ College Degree
- Tennessee Average Salary- $25,000/ $38,600/ $60,200
- National Annual Salary- $21,200/ $23,600/ $49,700
Experience in Other Fields:
- Addictions Counselor and Case Manager
- The growth potential for substance abuse counselors is 90,000. This is a good thing because being a substance abuse counselor requires you to have a high school diploma and some type of college degree. We expect 90,000 people to come to us with a high school diploma and a college degree.
Telecommuting or Flextime:
- You cannot work at home while being a substance abuse counselor. You have to be in the office where you can relate to the clients or patients face to face. So, you would be on a telecommuting schedule more than a flextime schedule.
Contact Form: Cierra Newman