Schools in 2020
Ch 10 - Education
ITGS- Mrs. Larson
**Source: Information Technology in a Global Society for the IB Diploma by Stuart Gray
- What will the typical school be like in 2020?
- What changes will technology cause?
- What will be new?
- Which technologies will succeed, & which old ideas will be thrown away & forgotten, just as blackboards, chalk, and slates have all been consigned to the past?
Ponder the Potential....
Consider a typical government-funded school in the UK or US. Ask yourself which technologies the government might deem most useful for educational purposes. You should consider various technologies that have been covered through this chapter, including:
- The use of laptop computers, smartphones and PDAs in the classroom
- Interactive whiteboards
- Textbooks vs e-books
- Open content vs commercial content
- Blended learning
- Virtual worlds in the classroom
- Any other relevant tech that might be used in school of the future
Consider the possibilities....
Create your own vision....
Create a presentation called Schools of the Future. Evaluate the likelihood of each of these technologies succeeding or failing in schools, with clear reasoning and reference to all aspects of the ITGS Triangle.