These brownies are perfect for a healthy Christmas! They use chocolate graham crackers instead of lots of sugar, and the dates are a perfect addition.
Total Time: 50 min
- 16 whole chocolate graham crackers (8 ounces), (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup(s) packed light brown sugar, or 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar, or 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 teaspoon(s) instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup(s) chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-by-11 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pulse graham crackers into crumbs in a food processor or place in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. You should have about 2 cups crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl; add cocoa and salt and mix well.
- Combine eggs, egg white, brown sugar (or Splenda) and granulated sugar (or Splenda) in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Blend in coffee granules and vanilla. Gently fold in dates, chocolate chips and the reserved crumb mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake the brownies until the top springs back when lightly touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.