Health and Human Services.
Description: Equine Therapists are trained to help provide a bond between horses and disabled individuals as a means of therapy (http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Equine_Therapist_... 2014).
Skills & Abilities (From Various Employers)
- PATH Intl. advanced or master certification and experience managing workshops and special events.
- Plan a course of therapy based on patient needs.
- Interest in working with children and adolescents. (http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Equine_Therapist_... 2014)
Job Overview: Paid $20,000 to $41,000 a year (http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Equine_Therapist_... 2014)
- Environmental Factors
- Social Community
- Noise (Wood, 2014 ).
Fun Fact: The first study into the value of riding as therapy was reported in 1875 by Cassaign, a French physician, preforming treatments for many different neurological disorders ( http://www.stablelifeinc.org/historyEAT.html, 2014).
Economic Support Specialists
Description: Helps the underprivileged receive economic aids such as W-2 Transition, Community Service Jobs, Caretaker of an Infant, and At Risk Pregnancy (http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/w2/wisworks.htm, 2014).
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and work experience in economic support in a government social/ human service agency.
- Considerable knowledge of income maintenance program requirements (e.g. Child Care Subsidy, Foodshare, Badgercare, etc.) and eligibility and authorization standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including concise and factual presentation of material. (http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/pdf/pd/ccss-senior.pdf, 2014).
Job Overview: Paid $18.803 per hour, with a six month probationary period. (http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=77913&... 2014).
- Communication Concept:
- Identifying Barriers
- Self Sustaining
- Success (Wood, 2014).
Fun Fact: CSJ'S CAN BECOME WITWS' ( WOMEN IN THE WORKPLACE)
Description: Provides a comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis and a full range of treatments for patients (http://agency.governmentjobs.com/jacksoncountyor/d... 2014).
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of working with children, youth and families transitioning between higher levels of care (i.e. day treatment, residential, hospitalization, etc.) preferred.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking preferred.
- Transcripts must be submitted in order to meet the educational requirements of this posting. (http://agency.governmentjobs.com/jacksoncountyor/d... 2014).
Job Overview: Paid $22.22 - 29.27 per hour.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Feedback(Wood, 2014).
Fun Fact: Health and Human Services Employs 61,163 people (http://www.federaljobs.net/Agencies/hhs.htm, 2014)
Children and Families, Department of. (2014, september 18). Retrieved from Wisc.Jobs: http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=77913...
Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Federal Jobs Network: http://www.federaljobs.net/Agencies/hhs.htm
Equine Therapist Careers: Salary Information & Job Description. (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Diploma Guide: http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Equine_Therapist...
History of Therapeutic Riding / Equine Assisted Activities. (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Stable Life, INC.: http://www.stablelifeinc.org/historyEAT.html
Jackson County Employment Opportunity. (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Goverment Jobs: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/jacksoncountyor/...
Position Title: Child Care Subsidy Specialist-Senior. (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Wisconsin Department of Children and Familes: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/pdf/pd/ccss-senior.pdf
Wisconsin Works (W-2) Overview. (2014, September 18). Retrieved from Wisconsin Department of Children and Familes: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/w2/wisworks.htm
Wood, J. T. (2014). Communication Mosaics An Introduction to the Field of Communication . Boston : Wadsworth.