- The industrial revolution was a time period when there was ideas about new ways to work and there was new agricultural ideas.
- The industrial revolution started in Britain because people wanted to move to the machine as the production of goods also Britain had abundant natural resources and a expanding economy, and one more thing they had was all needed factors of production.
- The working class faced a lot of problems while they were working: they faced long hours of work, machine injured workers because the factories were seldom well lit or clean, also in cola mines it was the most dangerous it was damp and wet and they were constantly breathing in toxic fumes.
- Some positive effects of the industrial revolution were that it created jobs for the workers, it contributed to the wealth of the nation also it greatly increased the production of goods and raised the standard of living, and the most important is it provided the hope of improvement in people's lives.
- The positives do outweigh the negative.
- Working Conditions • Industry created many new jobs.• Factories were dirty, unsafe, and dangerous.• Factory bosses exercised harsh discipline. Long-Term Effect Workers won higher wages, shorter hours, better conditions.
- Social Classes Factory workers were overworked and underpaid.• Overseers and skilled workers rose to lower middle class. Factory owners and merchants formed upper middle class.• Upper class resented those in middle class who became wealthier than they were. ▼Long-Term Effect Standard of living generally rose
- Size of Cities Factories brought job seekers to cities.• Urban areas doubled, tripled, or quadrupled in size.• Many cities specialized in certain industries. Long-Term Effect Suburbs grew as people fled crowded cities.
- Living Conditions
Cities lacked sanitary codes or building controls.• Housing, water, and social services were scarce.• Epidemics swept through the city. ▼Long-Term Effect Housing, diet, and clothing improved.
Seldom- Not often, rarely
Epidemic- a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.