Polyester is made from Coal or Petroleum.
- The Characteristics of Polyester:*Polyester Easy to care for*Great Washability*Static buildup*Peels easily*Stretch and shrink resistant.
- The Common Uses of Polyester:*Children's wear,Shirts,suits.
- The Characteristics of Acrylic:*Resembles Wool*Soft & Warm*Wrinkle Resistant*Strong.
- The Common Uses of Acrylic:*Bathrobes*Knitted Garments*Terrycloth.
- The Characteristics of Spandex:*Spandex is known for it's ability to stretch*Spandex is easily damaged by Chlorine Bleach*Lotion,Oil,Sun and Perspiration Resistant*Soft lightweight*Durable.
- The Common Uses of Spandex:*Swimwear*Dance Wear*Exercise.
- The Characteristics of Rayon:*Soft absorbant & comfortable*Inexpensive*Stretches and is weak when wet.
- The Common Uses of Rayon:*Lining*Sports Shirts*Jackets
- The Characteristics of Nylon:*First fiber to be manufactured totally from chemicals*Strong, durable, elastic*Dries quickly*Resists wrinkles and soil*Washes easily*Heat sensitive*Clings to the wearer.
- The Common Uses of Rayon:*Hosiery*Swimwear* Windbreakers.
- The Characteristics of Acetate:*Very versatile*Inexpensive and easy to dye*Silky, luxurious*Deep luster, soft*Wrinkles easily*Special care needed in cleaning.
- The Common Uses of Acetate:*Neckties*Lingerie*Blouses*Linings.