Facts about multiple Alleles
- Multiple alleles is a type of non-Mendelian Inheritance that involves more than just the typical two alleles that usually code for a certain characteristic in a species.
- Gregor Mendel used pea plants for his study.
- With multiple alleles, that means there is more than two phenotypes available depending on the dominant or recessive alleles.
- They are responsible for differences in phenotypic expression of a given trait.
- They also determine the way we look.
Facts about Dwarfism
- Dwarfism is a term applied broadly to a number of conditions resulting in unusually short stature.
- 70% of the cases of dwarfism are attributed to achondroplasia. This is an autosomal dominant disorder that is caused due to presence of an abnormal allele in the genome.
- Dwarfism can be diagnosed before and after you are born.