Human Trafficking Around the World

By Marco Cabebe & Joshua Choi

What is Human Trafficking?

Human Trafficking is a form of forced labor which involves the trade in humans. Human trafficking is commonly used for sexual slavery, forced labor, or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others.

Where is it practiced?

Human Trafficking is practiced everywhere around the world. Don't believe me? Here's a chart that displays how much human trafficking goes on around the world per area through 2010-2012:

Who is affected by human trafficking?

Human trafficking affects people of all ages and genders. In terms of forced labor, children are preferable because of their tiny hands. These small hands make for easy retracting of fishing nets. Older people are normally used for heavy lifting and sexual exploitation.

What can we do to stop/prevent it?

What can be done to stop human trafficking?

There are many organizations around the world that do not support human trafficking and are totally against it. For more examples of how to stop/prevent human trafficking, visit this URL: http://www.state.gov/j/tip/id/help/

Some little known facts....

Here's some facts about human trafficking:

- Human trafficking has been around since the 1980s. The first case that was reported was back in 1988.

- According to studies and research, approximately 80% of human trafficking is sexually involved. The other 20% is forced labor.

- There are approximately 20-30 million slaves today around the world.

- The average cost of a slave is 90$

Human trafficking is one of the world's most common crimes and it should be abolished completely.

Comment Stream