February 4, 2014 iInnovate Session III
What Tool Was Used? Tackk.com
Choose a Pattern: Circles
Choose a Palette: Reflections
Math II Assignment from the December 2nd, 2013 Fish Bowl at Nash Central High School.
Math II Common Core Standard
G.CO.4 Develop definitions of rotations, reflections, and translations in terms of angles, circles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, and line segments.
G.CO.5 Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using e.g., graph paper, tracing paper, or geometry software. Specify a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
When using Sound Cloud, beware of the comments of other listeners. They may not be appropriate for a high school classroom. I did not ask my students to use music.
Student Artifacts: Fish Bowl on December 2, 2013.
1. You can upload several pictures at the same time and create a horizontal scroll.
2. You can create captions on your phone pictures before you import into Tackk.com.
3. You can create a webpage that contains your students' Tackks.
4. You can take pictures of calculators or screen shots of Desmos.com to show graphs.
1. Beware of the comments on Sound Cloud.
2. Beware of the use of inappropriate pictures in your students' Tackks.
3. Tackk.com is a wonderful tool to use with Thinking Maps.