Liberty High School
American History & Psychology
What I'm listening to...
The 4 B’s:
- BE PREPARED! This means that you have come to class ready to learn and contribute. Preparation includes, but is not limited to, having all supplies necessary (see supply list), completing any homework that was assigned, being mentally focused on what we are studying, & taking care of your bodies (eating breakfast/lunch, getting plenty of sleep).
- BE HERE: You must come to school. It is the single biggest factor determining your success.
- BE ON TIME: You must be on time. If you are tardy, you are missing valuable minutes. Also, if your tardies are persistent, you will not BE HERE, you will be in ISS. You will receive work in ISS but if that was the same thing you get in class I would sleep in each day and mail assignments to your house. Don’t insult me and your classmates by not making promptness a priority.
- BEHAVE: You are all in high school. Your behavior should reflect that fact. I feel very confident in your ability to understand right from wrong. If that makes you a little nervous Fear Not! I will be more than happy to inform you when you have strayed off the straight and narrow. I have also included a list below that will put your young minds at ease. This list is in addition to all school rules which you are 100% responsible for abiding by at all times.
The materials for this class are limited but necessary. We will be using your laptops on a daily basis and much of the work will be completed on a paperless basis.
- Laptop charged and ready
- Appropriate textbook
- Notebook paper
- Independent reading materials
- A good attitude
Grades and Makeup work
Grades will be compiled on a total points basis. While they may vary in points from time to time, the typical assignment breakdown will be as follows:
- Bellwork: 5pts
- Classwork: 5pts
- Quizzes: 10pts
- Tests: 25 pts
Grades along with any feedback will be distributed via student email. Assignments will come via google drive or email. Quizzes will be taken via socrative.com
Makeup work will be handled according to the building specific policy. Students will be given the number of days equal to the number of days absent plus 1 (i.e. if a student misses 3 days, they will be given 4 days to makeup work). I am a reasonable person though, communication is key. If something happens, I always just ask that you communicate with me, my biggest concern is your learning and understanding, your grade is your concern. Late work will be accepted at my discretion and will typically be downgraded depending on the circumstances.
Discipline & Behavior
Step 1: student-teacher conference
Step 2: parent-teacher conference/call home
Step 3: Office referral