My name is Jaeger Kelby. I am 16 years old.
i am for the confederacy.
I live in Birmingham, Alabama
Today is May 20th, 1862. My journal this week will be for the dates may 21st-25th.
I live with my wife Jenny. And my brother Jack and he is in the war. He was stationed at fort jackson.
Day 1, May 21, 1862
I woke up this morning and did my daily morning chores.
1. make my family breakfast.
2. Do the laundry and make sure my brothers cloths for battle are washed.
3. I need to go outside and feed our dog.
4. Go to the river and catch some lunch.
Than this afternoon i went and did my 4 afternoon chores.
1. I go and catch some dinner to put in cooler.
2. I make sure that the dog has more food and water.
3. hang up the laundry to dry.
4. take down the other laundry and fold it.
I help the effort of the war by making sure my brother has clothes and is fed and ready for war.
Day 2, May 22, 1862
Hey jack i have heard about the battle of fort sumpter the one you fought in. I saw a newspaper article and just wanted to make sure your alright. Please right back to me.
Day 3, May 23, 1862
I woke up this morning and had to do some more chores.
1. i had to clean the house this morning
2. wash the dishes from last night
3.i had to go hunt some food for lunch
4. I had to fold the laundry.
and then this afternoon i.
1.i cooked dinner for the family.
2. About 2 hours later i cleaned all the dishes
3. Then i went and caught dinner
4. Then i cooked dinner.
i helped the war effort by making sure my family is healthy and clean.