Math in a Minute: 100th Day Edition
Volume 3 Issue 15
Ideas in Pictures
What is 100?
Here are some interesting facts about "100" things and topics. There are ideas that are great for lower and upper grade levels.
- The roman numeral C represents 100.
- On the Celsius scale, 100 degrees is the boiling temperature of pure water.
- The sum of the first 9 prime numbers is 100.
- The United States Senate has 100 senators.
- There are 100 cents in a dollar.
- There are 100 years in a century.
- The number 100 is the police telephone number in Greece, India, Israel and Nepal.
- There are 100 yards in an American football field (not including the end zones).
- Wilt Champerlain, a basketball player for the Philadelphia Warriors, set the the record on March 2, 1962 for the number of points scored in one NBA game by a single player. He scored 100 points.
- Woodrow Wilson was our president 100 years ago.
- A 100 watt light bulb lasts for about 750 hours.
- If you had 100 billion dollars, you could spend 3 million dollars a day, every day, for the next 100 years.
- Rip Van Winkle slept for 100 years.
- Benjamin Franklin's picture is on the $100 dollar bill.
100 Activities for the 100th Day
Here are some 100th Day activities... There are some ideas you may not have seen before in bold print! Enjoy!
From Education World