Return of the Technologist
Woodway Elementary 2013-2014
A little funny to get you started:
Who ya gonna call?
I am always happy to help and direct you to the right person; however, below is a document to help you understand the difference between the roles of the instructional technologist and the lab assistant.
Current Recommended Browser
- eSchoolPlus - Always use Internet Explorer
- Eduphoria and Teacher Access Center (TAC) -Use Firefox or Chrome
- SchoolWires(webpages) - Use Chrome
- If a site is not working, copy the url, open another browser, and paste the url in the new browser to see if it works.
- Use your Midway network login for TAC, Outlook, Eduphoria, Schoolwires and Google (new this year!).
- Change network password every 90 days. It will automatically change for all programs, except your iPad wifi and iPad email. You will have to update these passwords in your iPad Settings. Email Dawn Walker if you need help.
- Students have Midway network logins that also provide them with email addresses and Google accounts.
- Please do not let anyone use the computer or iPad that you are logged into.
Midway Tech PD
- Every teacher completes 9 hours of technology staff development each year.
- Classes are offered through Midway on all campuses and online.
- You may also request to get credit for classes taken off campus.
- New location to submit work orders
- Go to Eduphoria: Help Desk
- Click the button below for step-by step instructions
- To check out iPads, iPods, computer labs, projector, and Mobis use Eduphoria: Facilities and Events.
- Click on the button below for instructions to schedule lab time or check out equipment.
Remember to delete your schedule from last year BEFORE you begin inputting your lessons.
- Make sure your webpage is up-to-date (old photos removed, times)
- Webpage should include: Contact info, About Me page with photo of you, Schedule
- Monday 8/26/13 - 2:00 in computer lab for help
New Internet Filter
iBoss is the name of the new filter
Submit a request within the blocked page to open up any links that you know should work or worked on the previous filter
- Waiting to hear more in the fall about iPads
- Apple TV - will be coming to a room near you. Click here for instructions
- Edmodo is a collaboration tool we will be using on campus. I will schedule a training date soon.
- If you have a technology emergency, ask the lab assistant first, then ask Dawn Walker, finally call the IT desk #HELP (#4357)
- An emergency would be if you have a video conference scheduled and your technology is not working.