Where is Thailand
Thailand is in southeast Asia. It is bordered by Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar.
What Kind of Government is Thailand?
Thailand is a constitutional monarchy. They have a king whose name is Bhumibol Adulyadej, Rama IX. 94.6% of Thai's are Theravada Buddhists.
Thailand's language is different than Americas. Thailand's language is like having one word mean different things. They differentiate between the different meanings by using a different tone for each meaning.
For Example- Kao means rice, white, dove, hill, knee, him/her, enter, horns, new, etc.
Thailand's Cultural Aspects
Traditional principals concerning pregnancy and child birth are largely influenced by beliefs, especially in rural areas of Central and North Thailand.
Traditional funerals last for at least 1 week.
They call Thailand the "Land of Smiles" because Thai's do not like conflict. They are known as happy-go-lucky and smile all the time.
Two innocent British tourist, Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, are killed and found disfigured on the Thai island of Koh Tao. The investigation is still underway.
In Thailand, they have a robot that you put Thai's food through to tell if it is Thai or American food.
Youths protest against the "12 core values". These values consist of...
1. A love of the three tenets of the nation: nation religion and monarchy
2. Honesty, sacrifice, and patients
3. Gratitude and obedience towards ones parents, guardians, and teachers.
4. A pursuit of knowledge, both directly and indirectly.
5. Preserve Thai traditions in a good way.
6. Morality and kindness to others.
7. Understanding and knowledge of a constitutional monarchy.
8. Discipline, obeying the law, respecting elders.
9. Sensibility, knowing how to think, knowing what to do.
10. Knowing how to live ones life under the sufficiency economy theory.
11. A strong mind, not wielding to dark forces.
12. Working towards the common good rather than personal gain.