H2O: A colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid

Water forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms. It can be found in three states—liquid, solid and gas. You've heard the saying that the Earth is mostly water. But what percent of Earth is water? Oceans make up 71% of the Earth’s surface, meaning the other 29% make-up the Earth’s landmass. But there are also freshwater lakes and glaciers that cover the Earth’s surface.

However, we surround ourselves with water. In the summer, a lot of people swim in the lakes, pools or even oceans. In addition, people use it much more than for just fun but routinely (hopefully), such as baths or brushing teeth.

To clarify, everyone drinks water. And yet, most Americans like ice cold water. So when an American in China, for example, orders an ice water, they would probably get it if the place they are at has ice in the first place or they would have to have plain room temperature water. But when in the United States we don’t think it is that weird to have ice water, just order it as water and it automatically comes with ice. Heck, we enjoy it on the hot days and even turned it to a challenge. Nonetheless, I am going to finish my glass of ice water before I go to bed.

Comment Stream

2 years ago
0

I wonder what people where water is scarce would think of people preferring their drinking water at a certain temperature, ice cold or otherwise. It's funny to think that something so simple/natural in one place would, in another place, be considered a great luxury.

2 years ago
0

this speaks to me. i can just feel it running through my soul, and the rest of my body probably because the human body is mostly comprised of water.