By: Jenna Phelan and Audrey McBride
Pizzale Michelangelo is a place to watch the sunset in Florence! We are going to this on our first night in Florence. It is a very popular attraction, and no fee at all! It is a 19th century piazza where you can view the entire city. We want to visit this site to have a relaxing first night of Florence, and see the beautiful sunsets shown above. This site has been given 4.7 stars out of five, so we are sure that this is a great place to visit!
Fun Facts about the Pizzale Michelangelo:
- Most of Florence's post cards have sunsets from Pizzale Michelangelo.
- Pizzale Michelangelo was built in 1869 by the architect Giuseppe Poggi.
- This square was dedicated to the famous Michelangelo.
- Originally it was built to be a museum, for Michelangelo, but this never happened.
- You can see all some of Florence's most famous sites from the view of Pizzale Michelangelo!