Similarity and Transformation
I will be teaching you the main steps of Similarity and Transformation
These are just some shapes that you will be seeing on your assighnments in math class
- FIRST, you will make ratios.
- when making ratios you are suppose to compare to of the letters like BA = ED in the example above.
- always remember that when you compare the letters that have to be the same on both of the shapes and same spots.
- NEXT, you then count the spaces between the letters to get your new ratios
- BA =ED ........ BA =10........ ED=20. so now you divide 20/10 =*2*1/2
- AC=DF..........AC=7............DF=14. so now you divide 7/14=*2*1/2
- CB=FE.......CB=6...........FE=12. so now you divide 6/12*2*=1/2
- ALL THE RATIOS ARE = SO NOW YOU YOU DETIRMINE THE DIALATIONS
- dilation mean a transformation in which a polygon is enlarged or reduced by a given factor around a given center point.
- Dilations EDF is the dialated image of BAC
- so now you ditermine the transformations of the polygons
- Transformation means moving a shape so that it is in a different position, but still has the same size, area, angles and line lengths.
- for this shape the transformatioin would be............
- THE two TRIANGLES ARE SIMILAR BECAUSE A TRANSLATION AND A DIALATION MAPS EDF onto BAC.
- The two triangles are similar because a translation and a dilation maps EDF onto BAC