A Bibliography is a list of resources used for research for a paper or project.
Why should you include a bibliography?
1. It gives credit to the original creator or author.2. It also allows others to find your sources themselves.
Books as resources!
Books are great resources for resource.
- They provide information that is usually well researched and carefully crafted.
- They go through a much more rigorous process to get published than many websites.
- However, be careful. Books cannot be updated like a website can, so some information may be out of date.
To cite a book for a bibliography look for Title and Author.
- Find the author on the cover of the book.
- Author (Last Name, First Name)
- Example: Willems, Mo
- Find the title of the book on the cover.
Exmple: I Will Surprise My Friend
Then put it all together.
- Last Name, First Name. Title of Book
- Willems, Mo. I Will Surprise My Friend!
Websites as resources!
Websites are also great resources for research!
- Websites provide information in a concise (or to the point) manner, often making it easier to navigate or read than some books.
- In addition, it is relatively easy to update a website, so the information is often accurate and up to date.
- However, be careful! Websites do not always meet as much scrutiny to get published. Make sure that the website you are using is up to date and from a respected source.
When citing a website for a bibliography look for the
- The host site
- Example: A - Z Animals
- Article Name
- Example: Barn Owl
- Web Address
- Example: a-z-animals.com/animals/barn-owl/
Put it all together
- Host Name, Article Name, Web Address
- A - Z Animals, Barn Owl, http://a-z-animals.com/animals/barn-owl/