Magna Carta's Influence On Our Government
1. Individuals freedoms and rights
The government (their Church) was in charge and wrong the laws for the good of their country,
39. Magna Carta's guarantee of proceedings according to the "law of the land." is what inspired the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution ("no person shall. . .be deprived of life, liberty or property, without due process of law.")
No one should be stripped of their rights or possessions. Everyone will be free except for what they do wrong.
40. no slavery, right to justice
We won't have slavery and we won't deny people justice.
41. right to trade, right to leave the country
All merchants have a right to enter and leave for purposes of trade. This doesn't apply to times of war.
42. allowing to return to the country
We are allowed to leave and return preserving his loyalty to the country.
60. everyone has to follow the law "similarly in their relations with their own men"
All the laws should be observed and kept by everyone equally.
63. we are free but we have to keep the laws
We have freedom but we have to keep the laws with faith and without deceit.