It's definitely a form of violence!
A form of violence that can make you loose your job or get suspended from school if seen doing it. To sexually harass someone means to bother them in a way that could indicate sexual motions or gestures.
Intimidating Behaviors to Watch For
- Someone hanging around you constantly and not letting off.
- Somebody touching your body in ways that are uncomfortable.
- A person who makes rude gestures towards you.
- Someone that comes way to close to you than you accept.
Strategies to Avoid or Overcome Harassment
- Ignore and stay away from people who show "intimidating behaviors" to you. (avoid)
- Tell a responsible adult about what's happening so it doesn't continue. (overcome)
- Hang around kind, friendly, peers that can help you have power in numbers. (avoid)
- Confidently tell the harasser that what he is doing is not right. (overcome)
- Mr. Hampton (teacher)
- Parents (household adults)
- Brother (siblings)
- Best Friend (Close Peers)