Food Safety and Sanitation
Clean: Is the proccess of getting rid of dirt or bactiria to prevent the spread of disiese.
Before you cook your food you should always clean things like..
- Wipe off Countertops
- Rinse food if necissary
- Make sure your dishes are clean, if they aren't clean you should wash them
- Wash your hands
Seperate: Moving foods away from each other so that they don't combine.
Reasons why you should seperate you food include:
- To prevent cross contamination.
- To prevent one food from tasting like another.
Certain foods you should always seperate include:
- Raw meat from Fruits and Vegitables
- Cooked food from Raw food
Cook: The proccess of which you prepare your food by heating it in some way.
Reasons why you should cook foods before you eat them:
- To prevent the spread of disease
- To get rid of any unwanted bactiria
- To prevent food poisoning or food borne illness
When you are cooking your food should never reach the danger zone point. (40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit)
- The reason for that is that the bactiria that is causing food poisoning multiplies quickest in the danger zone.
Chill: to make something cool down or to be cold.
Reasons why you should chill food include:
- So it can prevent bactiria from appearing
- To keep your family safe
- Doesn't waste food
- Slows the growth of bactiria which prevents diseases to be spread throughout the food.
Never leave your food out for more than two hours (if it's a hot day 90 degrees or hotter food should be left out for longer than an hour.)