Introduction to Cells
What are cells?
cells are the basic units of life. You have to have cells in order to live. If you don't have cells then you can't survive.
1. All living things are made up of one or more cells.
*This means that every living thing, including humans,plants, and animals all have cells.
2. Cells are the smallest living things, the basic structure and function in living things.
*Cells are microscopic, and you cant not see them with a naked eye.
3. Cells are made from other cells.
*Cells reproduce from other cells. There is one cell, then it stretches out into two.
Characteristics of Living Things
1. All living things are made of cells
Example: Humans have cells to get rid of bacteria.
2. All living things obtain and use energy.
Example: Plants are a living thing and they need water and their own sugar they make to grow and produce.
3. All things grow and develop
Example: Humans, animals, plants, etc. grow and develop into bigger things.
4. All living things respond and adapt to their environment.
Example: Cactus's have to adapt to the hot climate.
5. All living things reproduce.
Example: Germs reproduce
6. All living things get rid of waste.
Example: Tears can help get rid of something in your eye such as dirt.