Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Austin Malabanan
Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York
Significant Events in History that Affected Michael Jordan's Life
- When he earned a basketball scholarship to the University of North Carolina in 1981
- When selected by Chicago Bulls in the 1984 season
- During 1984 when he won the gold metal in the summer Olympics
- In 1997 as one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history
- When his fat got shot and killed during a robbery
Michael was the 4th of 5 kids. As a child Michael developed a competitive edge. During Michael's sophomore year he was cut from his high schools basketball team. Michael went from being cut as a sophomore to a All American as a senior. Before Michael graduated his senior year he became the first high school player in history to average a triple double. Also he set the record for points in an all american high school basketball game at 30 points. This record still stands today.
People Who Influenced Micheal's Life
- Larry Jordan (Michael's older brother) - pushed Michael to get better and always work hard.
- Delores Jordan (Michael's Mom) - As a kid Michael was a Mommy's boy. Michael's Mom once told him that if he wanted to grow taller put salt in his shoes and pray every night.
- James Jordan (Father) - Thought Michael to work hard and not live the street life.
- He has the same pregame meal before every game.
- He played major league Baseball for Chicago White Sox.
- He wears his Carolina blue shorts every game ever since he left college.
- 5 Time NBA MVP
- Won 6 NBA Championships
- Has 2 gold metals for basketball
- 3 time NBA All-Star game MVP
- 2 time IBM award winner
- Six-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player
- Three-time NBA All-Star Game MVP
- Recorded only triple-double in All-Star Game history
The theme of Micheal's life was...
Michael Jordan made people realize that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it, he showed us that the harder you work the more you can accomplish, and to never give up.
Michael s words of advice and what he has taught me
"If you're not going to compete, then I'll dominate you."
"Family provides a foundation like nothing else can especially when you know you have the right person for you."
"The basketball court is still my refuge; even when the season ends, it's the place that I can go and find answers."
I never realized after doing this biography that Michael had such an influence on people. I hope that one day I can be just like Michael Jordan and inspire kids to follow their dreams and the harder you work the more you can accomplish. I hope that one day I could make a change in the world just like Michael.
"Like Mike: Living Life through Air Jordan." The Daily Illini. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"Michael Jordan." - Mygrowthplan.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"Michael Jordan - The Drive." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015.
"Michael Jordan 'Maybe It's My Fault' Commercial." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
"Be Like Mike | Gatorade Commercial | G50." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015.
"Michael Jordan Be Like Mike.avi." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
"NBA.com: Michael Jordan Career Retrospective." NBA.com: Michael Jordan Career Retrospective. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
Jordan, Michael, Walter Iooss, and Mark Vancil. Rare Air: Michael on Michael. San Francisco: CollinsPublishersSanFrancisco, 1993. Print.