My First Mech
What is it?
- My project is a Mech(at least a scaled down one of one), also known as a large piloted mechanical vehicle.
Why did you make it?
- I made it because I've always wanted to see how far I could push a 3D printer with a complex design
What challenges did you face?
- Moving through the project, I found that designing something intricate in tinkercad takes quite a long time and focus to get they way you want.
How did you overcome any problems?
- I was able to find a workaround by finding new ways to manipulate shapes and combine them to create interesting designs.
What did you like/dislike about the project?
- I really liked that I was able to create such a detailed design
- I didn't like that it took quite a long time and it looks messy in some places
What would you do differently?
- If I did this again, I would pay more attention to the sides and back of the mech as currently I feel they could look a bit better