S.S Commun Exam
- democracy. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies. ex:United nations africa germany
- Direct Democracy can be defined as a form or system of democracy giving citizens an extraodinary amount of participation in the legislation process and granting them a maximum of political self-determination. Ex:Switzerland
- Communism is thus a form of socialism—a higher and more advanced form, according to its advocates. Exactly how communism differs from socialism has long been a matter of debate, but the distinction rests largely on the communists' adherence to the revolutionary socialism of Karl Marx.Oct 28, 2014
- Soviet Union: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- Other Asian countries: Afghanistan, Cambodia, Mongolia, and Yemen.
- Representative democracy (also indirectdemocracy or sephocracy) is a variety ofdemocracy founded on the principle of elected officials representing a group of people, as opposed to direct democracy. Ex:Canada,United States,United Kingdom
a system of government by one person with absolute power. Ex:United States
- A monarchy is a form of government in which sovereignty is actually or nominally embodied in one or several individual(s) reigning until death or abdication. They are called the monarchs. Ex:Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, theBahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu
a country governed by a dictator. Ex: Germany
small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution. Ex: South Africa
a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god. Ex:Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the Vatican
- absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal. Ex: Iceland,Norway and Switzerland, as opposed to the more authoritarian EU,USA, etc.