New Rights Granted to All US citizens!
The Miller News - August 1868 - Paul Miller
- The Fourteenth Amendment was passed! Here’s what is says:
- All persons that were born or transferred citizenship in the US are rightful citizens.
- No state can pass any laws that take away rights from its citizens.
- No citizen will be deprived of life, liberty, or property without the process of law.
- No citizen will be denied equal protection of laws.
- This will really help African-Americans, since Amendment 13 banned slavery. Now, they will not be denied rights and legally be treated as a normal person.
"Free!" The Library of Congress. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2014. <http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/14thamendment.html>.