By: Alissa B.
Bullying is and unwanted , aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves real or perceived power imbalance.
What is a bully?
A bully is a person who purposely tries to hurt others by:
- The bully may make them feel uncomfortable.
- The bully may hurt them by kicking, hitting, pushing, tripping, etc.
- The bully may start calling them names
- The bully may start spreading nasty rumors.
The person that is being bullied feels like they cant do anything about it.
Ways people bully?
Bullying can happen in a variety of ways. These ways include:
- Using verbal words (threatening, teasing).
- Using physical force (pushing, hitting, slapping, tripping, ignoring, excluding).
- Writing and passing notes that say negative things about someone.
- Electronically through e-mail, text messaging, instant messaging, social media websites like Facebook and MySpace (cyber bullying).
How do we stop bullying?
- We can engage parents and youth.
- We assess bullying in your school.
- We can create policies and rules.
- We can build a safe environment.
- We can educate student and teachers.
some bullying videos
life lesson story
stand up.... its time