(A consumer’s opportunity to test a product or service, usually without charge or with return privileges)
Advantages of using product trials;
1. Testing and trialling a product allows a company to gain customer feedback and insights on strengths and weaknesses prior to a full product launch
2. Saves the business money
3. Gain customer loyalty and recognition of the product and brand.
Disadvantages of using product trials
1. It involves setting up production processes for a product that may or may not turn ou to be successful
2. Major supermarkets now use centralised distribution system
3. Better market research meaning trials are no longer necessary.
4. globalisation of brands- large multinational business are using countires