March of Dimes
- You are invited to a baby shower, hosted by FBLA for the March of Dimes!
- When is this event?
- It will be held on World Prematurity Day, November 17th!
- What time?
- 3:00 to 5:00
- Where will it be held?
- Room 353
- What’s the purpose of the March of Dimes Baby Shower?
- To gather donations for the local Department of Children’s Services to give families with premature babies!
- What should I bring?
- Things a baby would need like clothes, diapers, bottles, etc.
About the March of Dimes!
- The March of Dime’s mission is To help moms have full term pregnancies and research
the problems that threaten the health of babies due to the manydeaths caused
by premature births.
- It was orginally founded by Franklin D. Roosevelt in order to raise awarness for polio in 1937!
- They’ve raised money to put towards research for the issues leading up to preterm birth and
they raise awarness so that it may be avoided by some mothers by the use of vitamins, etc
- Their current sponsors include FBLA, Macy’s, Kmart, Cigna, Actavis, United!