Omaha zoo trip
by: Tyra Jones
May 1st 2014. 7.3.
The Search for Animals:)
biome: salt water. ocean.
scientific name: Cheilinus undulatus.
habitat/home range: coral reefs and drop-offs. shallow lagoons.
fish adaptations Napoleon Wasser
1. fins 1. big forehead
2. gills 2. cold blooded
3. salt and fresh water 3. camouflage
4. has scales 4. likes to be in dark water
5. mouth 5. lay eggs.
common name: Bullfrog
Biome: in the swamps/ wet lands. were it is moist and wet.
scientific name: Rana Catsesbeiana
home range/habitat: were it is wet with rivers and lakes not much oceans or sea's.
Amphibian Adaptations: bullfrog
1. start out in water 1. web feet
2. breath will lungs 2. smooth skin
3. live in water 3. live on land
4. have to be moist 4. can't live in dry places
5. have a really long toung to get food 5. have a lot of muscles.
common name: Burmese python
biome: they like it in the jungle
scientific name: Python Molurus Bvittatus
home range/ enviroment: big open spaces with trees.
reptile adaptions Burmese python
1. most have feet 1. lay alot of eggs
2. get up to 15 feet long 2. live in Florida
3. cold- blooded 3. the yellow one is albino
4. hatch from eggs. 4. like grassy marshes
5. carnivores 5. poor eyesight.
common name: Tufted puffin
biome: in really cold water
scientific name: Fratercula
home range/habitat: in the north pacific.
birds adaptions tufted puffin
1. different feet per type of bird 1. web feet
2. lay eggs 2. can't fly
3. have feathers 3. father protects and keeps eggs warm
4. some can fly. 4. has a big beak
5. not all reptiles can swim 5. swims really good.
common name: two-toed sloth
Biome: in the trees in the jungle
scientific name: Cholepus didactylus
home range/habitat: where their are lots of trees so they can hang up side down.
mammal adaptions two-toed sloth
1. have fur 1. two toes
2. have hands 2. worm blooded
3. have babies 3. lives in trees
4. has feet 4. moves slow
5. omnivore 5. eats insects and plants.