By: Ryan Slaughter
Description of career: Someone in this career would travel around the country/world for performances and concerts. Its a good job for sight seeing and meeting new people.
What type of skills would you need to do well in this career? You would need to be able to play a musical instrument and be good at it.
How are these particular skills required? Playing a instrument well is required to do well in this type of career.
For some educational requirements collages such as Julliard are a great place to do well in this career and military bands are also a great place for this career.
You can study this career for however long you want.
For a military collage you need to enroll for the military and audition for the band.
when benefits and housing allowances are factored in, amounts to around $56,000 — with built-in annual raises.
After 20 years of service the average navy band member will have earned about $1120000.
Its not hard to enroll in the military just see a recruiting officer or an online recruiting course but to make it to the band you have to be a very talented musician.
- Advanced pay grade upon entry
- Full medical and dental coverage for you and your family
- Allowances for housing , food, and clothing
- 30 days paid vacation
- Eligible for Post 9-11 GI Bill for continuing your education
- Tuition assistance for courses you take while on active duty
- Opportunities for continued professional development
- Seasonal enlistment bonuses
- Professional instruments and equipment
- The ability to earn a steady pay check as a performing musician
some similar careers include any branch of military band or just military or programs like Houston orchestra.
Why i picked this career
This career stood out to me because I have always wanted to be in the military and I enjoy music very much.