Japanese nobles create great art
- the nobles love of beauty began with their own appearances they had magnificent wardrobes full of silk roads and jewelry they loved elaborate outfits women wore long gowns made of 12 layers of colored silk clevary cut and folded to show off many layers to complete there outfit carried delicate fans they were painted flowers , trees & birds .
- took great care with how they spoke nod worte writing was very popular especially among the women many women wrote diaries and journals about their lives in court in there writings women carefully chose their word to make there writing beautiful men wrote in Chinese women wrote in Japanese language there literature waswrote by women also greatest writer was a women her name was Murasaki Shikibu wrote the tale of genji .
- Japan nobles also loved visual arts most popular art forms of the period were paintings calligraphy and architecture nobles of Heian light bright bold colors they liked paintings and illustrated stories another forms of art in Heian was calligraphy or decorative writings
-the nobles of Heian worked to make their city beautiful they greatly admired Chinese architecture and modeled Heian after the Chinese capital chang'an they copied Chinese buildings featured wooden frames that slightly curved wooden frames left unpainted liked airy designs most buildings were made of wood with tiled roofs and large open spaces
- Preforming arts were also popular in japan during the Heian period to roots of Japanese drama can be traced back to this people often gathered to watch performances by mucians , jugglers and acrobats the performances were wild and fun in plays mimrecked other people
- nobles religion was from a art form in Heian there religion was based on there love of the new forms was Buddhism didn't require special rituals Buddhism called zen arrived from China
Lady Murasaki Shikibu
-lady Murasaki was a noble and a servant to the empress akiko while in the empress service she wrote lively observations of court life in her diaries she wrote the tales of genji