Why Travel Insurance Is a Necessity While Travelling?
Travelling is the most preferred leisure for many people. Every year different countries in the world notice growing counts of tourists. This is also evident in India.
India has seen growing counts of tourists which has shown greater inclination towards travelling to India from all around the world.
However, have you taken all the precautionary measures to stay protected during the journey? While you’re engrossed in planning your travel journey, don’t forget to get proper travel insurance. This will keep you protected from unexpected events during the journey.
Further you will know the key points which make travel insurance an essential element. Also you will learn the important things to remember before getting travel insurance.
Protects you against expensive mishap costs during the travel
Travel insurance is the best companion for any traveler. It covers the costs for various events like cancellation of trips and luggage lost or theft of any asset of yours. If you have valid travel insurance, you will be covered and compensated for all your losses. Also there’s a health and medical coverage which will cover your medical and treatment costs. These and similar costs can be very high when paid individually.
Listen to what experts are saying?
Financial experts express that while buying travel insurance plan, you should get one that costs not more than 4%-8% of the total travel budget. Also ensure that your insurance plan covers the trip cancellation fees. Check for best possible value and useful add-ons as per your requirements.
Words of Caution!
- Remember that it’s important for a person to clearly understand the specifics of the policy. If one fails to understand even a single policy detail then he/she may have to suffer huge unfriendly costs.
- However, remember that cancellation of trip will be refunded only for valid reasons as considered appropriate by your provider. The reasons can be sudden sickness or family member’s demise or harsh weather.
- If there’s change in your travel plan, you must inform your insurance company within time providing valid documentations as required.
- Travel insurance is something which keeps the insured relaxed during his entire journey.
The factors one must consider for best possible travel insurance are-
- Carefully analyze the policy in terms of clearance on coverage offered. Also check the reimbursement amount to be received from your insurance company.
- It’s better to get insurance from a firm which provides grace period. There are certain companies which provide grace period on the travel plans. This enables one to evaluate a policy easily. If one finds that the policy does not meet his/her actual requirements then he/she can return the same against full refund.
Check that the following things are covered under your insurance plan-
- Cancellation of trips
- Luggage lost
- Delay in luggage delivery
- Health & medical coverage
- Protection against evacuation which can occur when the government sanctions the same during natural disasters
In case of assistance, feel free to consult a professional for any help.