Made By: Kimberly Greiner
Brad Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma on December 18, 1963.
Significant Events in History that Affected Brad's Life
- On July 29, 2000 Brad Pitt married Jennifer Aniston
- In 1994(a very significant year for Brad), Brad was playing the role as a vampire in Interview with a vampire.
- Was one of the best-known actors of his time.
- Was known as "The Golden Boy."
Brad Pitts Childhood
Brad William Pitt was born December 18, 1963 to Jane Pitt and William Pitt. The family moved to Springfield Illinois where Jane and William had 2 more children. Pitt attended Kickapoo High School, there he played many sports including golf, tennis, and swimming. Brad went off to college at the University of Missouri in 1982. There he majored in Journalism and advertising. When it came to the time around graduation he realized he wasn't ready to settle down, he loved films. Pitt left the University to Los Angeles 2 weeks before earning his degree. In L.A. he took acting classes and did many odd jobs just to keep a roof over his head.
People who influenced Brad's life
- Jennifer Aniston (Brad's ex-wife)- She still talks to him to check-in and see how he is doing. Brad admits she was a big part of his life.
- William Pitt (father)- When Brad was a boy his father always gave him inspiration, and Brad always looked up to his father.
- Angelina Jolie ( Brad's fiance)- Brad and Angelina had 3 kids (Shiloh, Knox, and Vivienne) together and adopted 2 other children.
- Brad was filmed in 62 different movies.
- He went to school with David Spade.
- Related to Barack Obama.
- He didn't get into the High school basketball team, so he made his own called the Cherokee Rejects making his dad the coach.
- Brad made himself a celebrity and earned being famous.
- He is a three-time academy award nominee, and won an Oscar in academy awards for 12 years a slave (best motion picture of the year).
- 10 films he has starred in raised over 100 million dollars in theatres.
- He is a five-time nominee at the Golden Globes.
- He supports 28 causes and 39 different charities.
- Brad has won a total of 40 awards and was nominated for 62 more awards.
- Was the first male ever to receive "hottest man of the year."
- He donated $5 million to 150 families to help find new homes that were lost in a hurricane.
The theme of Brad Pitt's life was...
If you work at something hard enough to be or do whatever you want to be or do there is no reason you can't, and once you get there you don't need to change for anyone because you are who you are.
Brad's words of advice and what he has taught me
"If you believe in yourself, you can do it."
Before I read my biography of Brad Pitt I didn't like him. I didn't have a specific reason, I just thought he was conceded and only thought of himself. I was wrong. When I started to read about him more carefully and understand his life I realized how much he has actually done for people. Brad was known for his looks, he got many roles in a lot of different films because the directors wanted somebody who looked like Brad. When Brad realized he was getting offers to act in movies because of his looks he was upset and didn't want to be known for just his looks. Brad knew he had talent but the directors just weren't seeing it beyond his facial features. Brad wanted to show people he could really act. Brad succeeded and got nominated for "best actor of the year" in 1998.
"Brad Pitt Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2014.