- Puerto Rico
- San Juan
- Spanish and English are the major languages.
- located inn the Caribbean
- population is 3.615 million average age is 65+
- San Juan, Bayamon, and Carolina are the three major cities.
- Major landforms on Puerto Rico include the Central Interior Mountain ranges, the northern karst topography and the coastal plains.
- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, established via the Foraker Act of 1900, remains an unincorporated territory of the U.S. Almost two decades later, Puerto Ricans became U.S. citizens through the Jones-Shafroth Act of 1917.
- Average Temperature is 80F (27C)
- May to October and the wettest month is August. On the northern coast you will find the most rain of the island with over 1550 mm per year, while the south coast has an annual average rainfall of 910 mm. The mountains receive a lot more rainfall, between 3000 and 4000 mm annually.
- Top sport in Puerto Rico is Baseball
- In Puerto Rico, as in much of the Latin world, the Three Kings rule the Christmas season. Puerto Ricans celebrate December 25. San Sebastián Festival Held in the third week of January, this festival is one enormous outdoor party, and one of the biggest celebrations in San Juan. Casals Festival While the Casals Festival has historically been held closer to summer in years past, it kicked off in late February in 2007.
- classical music is very popular in Puerto Rico
- Flag-The two white stripes represent the victory and peace that they would have after gaining independence. The white star represented the island of Puerto Rico. The blue represents the sky and blue coastal waters. The triangle represents the three branches of government.
- The native animal is the frog.
- Drinking Age: The legal drinking age in Puerto Rico is 18. No matter what your age is, you can't drink on the street in Old San Juan.
- Gambling: Given the number of casinos on the island, this may not be a real surprise, but gambling is legal all over the island. However, only hotels are allowed to have casinos.
- Road Rules: For some reason, gas is sold by the liter, but distance is measured in kilometers. To make things even more confusing, speed is measured in miles per hour. The legal driving age is 16.