Roberta Bondar PS
Staff Meeting January 7, 2015
What is the SAMR Model?
Today we will use the SAMR Model to Transform Teaching and Learning through the Integration of Technology
Watch this video created by students about the SAMR Model
Time For A Quiz!
Keep the following questions in mind when developing using the SAMR Model to design a lesson incorporating technology.
- What will I gain by replacing the older technology with the new technology?
Substitution to Augmentation
- Have I added an improvement to the task process that could not be accomplished with the older technology at a fundamental level?
- How does this feature contribute to my design?
Augmentation to Modification
- How is the original task being modified?
- Does this modification fundamentally depend upon the new technology?
- How does this modification contribute to my new design?
Modification to Redefinition
- What is the new task?
- Will any portion of the new task be retained?
- How is the new task uniquely made possible by the new technology?
- How does it contribute to my design?
Share your newly designed task!
- Rich Colosi Media, The SAMR Model Explained By Students: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBce25r8vto
- Bill Ferriter "What Do You Want Kids to Do with Technology Today?: https://www.flickr.com/photos/plugusin/sets/721576...
- TechChefEdu: https://tackk.com/sassysamr?via=litebox
- Ruben Puendetura's Weblog: http://www.hippasus.com/rrpweblog/
- Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything: http://www.schrockguide.net/samr.html