- Good communication between federal and local government.
- Easier to defend in war.
- Less resources.
- More likely to experience civil wars and ethnic rivalries.
- Easy access to coast and other resources.
- Prevent rival access.
- May disrupt communication between different regions.
- Elongated arm may be ostracized from rest of country, or taken by rivals.
- Perforated country gains economic control of internal state.
- Ally gain during war.
- Conflict between perforated country and internal state.
- Landlocked internal state; financial and travel issues.
- Difficult to be conquered by rivals.
- More resources.
- Lack of communication between fragments.
- More biodiversity and resources.Military advantages (eg. natural barriers).
- Difficult governance of peripheral areas in the north and south.Communication from the capitol to the rest of the country is made difficult.