Argentina is the second biggest country in South America. Buenos Aires is its capital. Spanish is Argentina's national language but Italian and German is also widely spoken by descendants of immigrants from those countries. The population of over 43 million is 97% of European descent, while most of the remaining 3% are indigenous or mestizo. Around 92% of the population is Roman Catholic. Argentina's life expectancy is about 76 years.

"Argentina: Country Overview." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 10 Nov. 2014.

Comment Stream