- The whole continent is a total landmass of 181,035 square kilometers.
- The population is over 14.8 million, Cambodia is the 69th most popular country in the world.
- Cambodia's ancient name is "Kambuja".
- Cambodia became a captive of France in 1863, and later gained independence in 1953.
- The official religion is Theravada Buddhism, which is practiced by about 95% of the entire population.
- Exports: knit sweaters- 12.13%, textiles- 10.15%, knit women's suits- 7.65%, and non knit women's suits- 5.53%.
- Imports: Textiles- 12.25%, light rubberized knit fabric- 10.19%, refined petroleum- 10.46%, and machines- 9.92%.
- Language: Khmer
- Electricity: 230
- The best times to travel are in December or January even though it's hot and humid.
- Exchange rates: KRH- 1000= US .24
- Currency: Riel
Colombian National Anthem
- Foods they eat: Beef, chicken, pork, goat, fish, cape gooseberry, and dragon fruit.
- Dish: bandejo paisa- beans, rice, ground meat, chorizo, fried egg, arepa, and chicharon, usually with avocado or special sauce.
- Social Classes:
- Upper class, 5%; middle class, 20%; lower class, 50%; masses, 25%.
- There were also two important subdivisions:
- The new rich, who constituted 3% of the total and were members of the upper class
- The upper lower class, organized blue-collar workers, and poorer white-collar workers, who made up about 15% of the total.
- Capital city: Bogota
- The national anthem:
- Based on a Cambodian folk tune and written by Chuon Nath; the anthem
- Adopted in 1941 and reconfirmed in 1947.
- In 1970, they replaced the anthem.
- After the communist victory in 1975, former royalist symbols, including "Nokor Reach", were reinstated for a short while.
Picture Of Colombia
- Type of government: Constitutional Republic
- Time compared to Kansas: Same
- Climate: The climate of Colombia is tropical as a result of it's location near the equator.
- If you were to live in Colombia and not the US:
- You would have 2.7 times higher chance of dying in infancy
- Use 93.01% less electricity, consume 89.53% less oil, make 80.17% less money
- Spend 93.09% less money on health care
- Experience 30% more of a class divine
- Have 29.03% more chance of being unemployed
- Have 28% more babies
- Die 3.93 years sooner.
- Natural disasters: There are only a few natural disasters that affect the land, but how the natural disasters affect the people. The lack of planning for these disasters, and the fragile economy are a few of them.
- If you are from the US, you don't need a visa.
- When you arrive, you have to get your passport stamped for 30-60 days.
- Colombia requires travelers to provide proof of onward travel (plane/train etc..) and that you have sufficient funds (bank statement).
- If you stay longer you need to go by the DAS (Departmento Administavado de Seguridad).
- Get passports at US Department of State.
- Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccines before every trip.
- These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, chicken-pocks, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.
- Get them before you leave the US.
- The area compared to the US is smaller, more people in less space, less jobs, and less money.
- Full country name: Republica de Colombia
Cost of things: One gallon of milk- $4.47, loaf of fresh white bread- $1.14, twelve eggs- $1.96, 1 lb of apples- $.90, and 1 lb of potatoes