Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts Class made by J.S
Mark Zuckerberg was born May 14, 1984 in Dobbs Ferry, New York
Significant events in history that affected Mark
- Invention of the Computer
- Invention of the Internet
- Invention of Electricty
Marks father, Edward, was a dentist and his mother, Karen, had worked as a psychiatrist before quitting to help Edward in his dentistry office. Mark grew up with three sisters, Randi, Donna, and Arielle. His older sister Randi later became head of marketing for Facebook. Mark grew up in a household that supported and encouraged him and his sisters.
People who influenced Marks life.
- Randi (Mark's sister) Encourages his in everything he does and is head of marketing for Facebook.
- Karen (Mark's Mother) Helped pay him through some of college and supported him
- Edward (Mark's Father) raised him to never give up in life and supported him.
- Mark went to Harvard but dropped out because Facebook was becoming a lot to handle.
- Mark had a lawsuit put against him for the Winklevoss twins saying that he stole the Facebook idea.
- Mark is very uncomfortable talking about himself.
- Mark is not married and has no children
- He is a huge mommy's boy
- Mark created Facebook
- Mark won Time magazine's 2010 person of the year.
- At age 13 Mark created a computer network for his family.
- Mark had a movie called The Social Network made about him with Jesse Eisenberg playing him.
- Has over 600 million users of Facebook.
The theme of Mark's life was...
Never give up on what your trying to accomplish! Keep following your dreams and even though there might be some bumps in the road don't let that stop you.
Words of advice, quotes, and what he has taught me.
- Mark said, "The question I ask myself everyday is, am I doing the most important thing i could be doing?' Unless I feel i'm working on the most important problem that I can help with, then i'm not going to feel good about how I am spending my time. That's what this company is.
- Mark also said, " I often say inside the company that my goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that as i'd I don't care about revenue of profit, or any of those things but what not being just that, building something that makes a really big change in the world."
- When Mark was in college he said, " We Harvard students could indulge our fondness for superficial criteria without ever having to face any of the judged person."
I learned that Mark Zuckerberg was a very smart man from a young age and he kept on going no matter what got it his way. Nothing is impossible.
"Mark Zuckerberg Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2014.
Amidon Lusted, Marcia. Mark Zuckerberg Facebook Creator. Minnesota: ABDO Publishing Company, 2012. Print