By: Jeffery Funez , Lorenzo Lopez , Aiden Brockington
- ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
There are advantages and disadvantages for SOLAR energy . Some advantages for SOLAR energy is there is a unlimited supply , doesn't pollute , its renewable , and its silent . Some disadvantages are , if the weather patterns are bad, it can also be VERY expensive . Solar energy is a renewable resource. the reason its renewable is because it doesn't take a long time to be replenished .
As you can see in this video solar energy can power a whole town maybe even a city. Same with wind or hydro-power .
- This is a SOLAR field . This solar field can probably power a city . The reason we say that is because two solar panels can power a house , and as you can see this SOLAR FIELD has way more solar panels .
In this photo the red stands for most use of Solar energy and green stands for less used . So around the area of Los Angeles or San diego is the most used Solar energy , and Seattle is less used SOLAR energy .
- RENEWABLE DEFINITION : A natural resource that can be replenished in a short amount of time .EX: Solar ,Wind energy, hydropower , and biomass NONRENEWABLE DEFINITION : A resource that takes billions of years to replenish .EX: coal , petroleum , natural gas , and nuclear.
Biomass: Is made of living or recently living organisms . biomass is a renewable resource .
Geothermal : Is generated and stored in the earth . (renewable).
Hydropower: Is powered from moving water (renewable).
Solar Energy: Is radiant light and heat from the sun (renewable).
Wind Energy: Uses wind turbines that create kinetic energy from wind (renewable).
Petroleum: Is used to make gas (nonrenewable).
Natural Gas: This is one of the cleanest nonrenewable resource . Also is found with oil (nonrenewable).
Coal: is extracted from the ground by mining (nonrenewable).
Propane: a colorless gas found in natural gas and petroleum and widely used as fuel (nonrenewable).
Uranium: is a chemical element and atom number 92.
- Turn of lights when done .
- Turn of AC when your not home .
- Turn off your TV and go outside .
- Take your phone charger out when done .
- Ride your bike or walk .
- Reuse paper .
- Insulate your heater .
- Close fridge doors .
- Turn off water when brushing teeth .
- Take shorter showers .
- Only use washer when you have a full load .
- Dry clothes outside .