“You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” Malcolm X
- He uses the words "NO ONE CAN" meaning it is impossible for people to have peace if there is no freedom.
- He would use his finger pointing at the word unless to make the word stronger. Cause you don’t have peace UNLESS you have freedom.
- At the beginning he is addressing his friends and enemies but he starts his quote saying YOU so he's appointing anyone that is listening to him.
- He addressed the speech “The Ballot or the Bullet.” in New York City
- Took place in April of 1964
- The cause of this speech is that Malcolm X believed that they should use Violence to fight for civil rights.
- The intended audience for the speech were "Mr. Moderator, Brother Lomax, brothers and sisters, friends and enemies"
-The reaction to the speech: African Americans used violence to stop civil rights. They started parties to take over the whites.
- This quote is important because it told African Americans to take control using violence so the whites actually learned a lesson.