What is a Quinceanera
Some girls when they have there Quinceanera they will wear dresses like this. Also this is what the crown looks like. This is some of the jewelry stuff they might wear.
- It is the most important tradition in the mexican culture.
- It is a passage into womanhood
- A quinceanera is a religious thing which honors the girls maturity and her parents.
- Quinceanera is also a name given to the coming age celebration on a girl’s 15th birthday .
- Sometimes the wealthy will also get to go on a trip to Europe (mostly Paris)
The order of a Quinceanera
This is another dress.
- A Quinceanera is almost like a wedding but without a groom.
- She is walked down the aisle along with her parents, Godparents, and corte de honor/girlfriends
- She is not allowed to wear her crown until after the mass to respect the church
- after the ceremony the party begins. All the parties are revolved around a certain theme like Masquerade, Cinderella Ball, Under the Sea, etc.
- At the start of the party the honor court comes in. they are usually the girls friends, cousins family members and are matched together as a couple. then each couple name is announced with music in the background
- later on comes the waltz. the girl and her court have worked hard to make the dance perfect. After that comes the toast. the dad usually says the toast or it can be her Godparents.
- Last is the thank you which is after the toast. then the girl will say thanks to her parents and also give thanks to her other guest. court of honor, and Godparents.
Why is a big deal
- People spend at least 15,000 to 20,000 dollars on a Quinceanera .
- This celebration has reached across borders.
- Some Quinceaneras are from 5 a.m to 7 p.m.
- The reason why it is a big deal is because people say it is like there child is beginning to be old . It is like a journey of childhood to be an like an adult .
- When You turn 15 you are a women that is another reason why it is a big deal .
- Becoming a woman is a big deal for the girls.
- To give thanks to god
- To present a young girl as a women to the community
This how they line up for the dance
This what some of the places look. They like to go big. This what there cakes would look like. They are very big.
- Castaneda, Rosio. "Traditional Quinceanera Order of Events."MyQuinceLifecom. MyQuinceLife Online, 14 Aug. 2014. Web. 22 Apr. 2015
- Cavanaugh, Laura. "Big Business of Quinceañeras." San Diego 6. N.p., 20 May 2014. Web. 22 Apr. 2015.
- "3.1 The Quinceañera Celebration." The Quinceañera Celebration. The Changing Face of Mexico, n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015.
- "Google." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015.
Gloria. "Tuquinceanera.com." Tuquinceaneracom. Gloria, n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015.