Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Riley N.
Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California and died October 5, 2011.
Significant Events in History that Afected/Were going on in Steve's Life
- 2003, Steve Jobs was told he is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963
- Microsoft was founded in 1975
When Steve was a kid he liked to watch his dad, Paul Jobs, put together and remake things. An interesting fact about Steve is that he was actually adopted. He grew up with one sister, Mona Simpson. He did not even finish college! Steve dropped out the private Reed College after one semester. After dropping out, he started working on the first digital computer that would change technology for ever.
People Who were Important in Steve's Life
- Steve loved working with his working buddy, and long time friend Steve Woziak.
- Bill Gates was an old friend but then was his competition because he owned the company Microsoft.
- Steve always got along with his younger sister Mona Simpson, and she was always there when he was stressed out.
Unique Facts about Steve
- Steve Jobs and his partner Steve Woziak named the company Apple because they were huge fans of The Beatles.
- Steve left Apple in 1985 but returned in 1997
- He denied Lisa Nicole Brennan -Jobs, his first daughter born from his high school girlfriend Chris-Ann Brennan
- Apple released Apple Two, which becomes the first widely-used personal computer in the world.
- 1986- Steve buys Pixar Animation Studios, in 1995 they release "Toy Story", the first movie made entirely with computer animation
- 1996- Apple is about to be sold so Steve returns and becomes CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and takes the pay of $1
- In the first day it was open, iTunes store sold 275,000 songs
- In August 2011, Apple was the most successful company in the world
- 2003- Apple launches the iTunes music store
- 206- Apple introduces Apple TV.
- 2010- Apple released the iPad
The theme of Steve's life was...
Steve Jobs taught everyone that if you set our mind to it, you can succeed. If you really want it, you can accomplish it.
Words of advice and what he has taught me...
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." -Steve Jobs
Before I read this biography I didn't know that much about Steve Jobs, I just thought he created the company Apple. But he is so much more. He's taught me that the craziest people who think they can change the would, usually are the ones to do it. For example, Steve started off building junk in his parents garage then became one of the most respected people in the world. I hope to dream big and reach my goals.