Biography project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class Made by Meghan Chmiel
Beyonce Giselle Knowles was born on September 4,1981 In Houston, Texas
Significance of Beyonce
- Role model to many people
- Was the ambassador for World Children's Day in 2005
- Sang at the President Obama's Inauguration Ball
- Regularly gives to charities and uses her fame to raise money for good causes
- Sets trends in fashion, make-up and perfume
Beyonce Giselle Knowles was born to Tina and Matthew Knowles. Beyonce was oldest of two girls. Despite a five year age difference Beyonce and her younger sister, Solange, were very close as children and remain close as adults. Beyonce's parents worried about her low self esteem and shyness in public. One way they tried to help was to enroll her in dance lessons. In 1990, at nine years old, she won a talent contest and was scouted by a talent company to be part of a all-girl group known as "Girls Tyme".
- Father: Matthew Knowles was her manager
- Mother: Tina Knowles, became Beyonce's partner in a clothing line.
- Sister: Solange Knowles sang back up for Beyonce
- Husband: Jay-Z, they married in 2008 and in 2012 had their first child, Blue Ivy Carter
Historical Events During Beyonce's Life
- September 11, 2001 - 9/11 will forever effect citizen's of the U.S.
- 2003 I-Tunes came out, making music more accessible to people
- 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. Beyonce sang for many relief effort events
- 2007 Economy begins a down hill turn. Beyonce stays successful during this time
- 2009 Obama takes office as the first black President of the U.S.
- Her dad, Matthew Knowles is her manager.
- Beyonce is also an accomplished actress.
- She has her own clothing line she started with her mother.
- Beyonce often sings for the President.
- Beyonce and her husband, Jay-Z, are the second wealthiest black couple in America.
- 1995-Girls Tyme signed their first recording contract
- 1998 - her group released their first album which went Platinum
- 2002 - Beyonce started her acting career
- 2009 - she was named Billboards "Woman of the Year"
- 2012 - she gave birth to her daugther Blue Ivy Carter
The theme of Beyonce's life was...
"Life is but a dream". Work hard and that hard work will pay off. She believed fame is an opportunity to make a difference it the lives of other. When you stop reaching out to others you will wake up and the dream will be over.
Beyonce's words of advice and what she has taught me...
- I sacrificed so much as a kid and as a teenager, I have no regrets because my job kept me focused.
- When I am creating I just do whatever's in my heart.
- Think about what truly teaches you and motivates you to help, then start locally.
I learned that if you work hard enough and don't give up that you can reach your life goals. This may mean that you sometimes have to give things up to reach that goal.
Cartlidge,Cherese. Beyonce. People in the News. Michigan: Lucent Books, 2012.
Gagne, Tammy. A Day with Beyonce. Delaware: Mitchell Lane, 2011.
Colson, Mary. Beyonce, A Life in Music. Illinois: Raintree, 2011
Vaughan, Andrew. Beyonce. New York: Sterling, 2012
"Star Search - Girls Tyme with Beyonce" YouTube
"Beyonce - Halo Live ( acoustic ) AMAZING!!!" YouTube