Avoiding Identity Theft
Tips on keeping information safe at home:
- take your mail out of your mail box as soon as possible
- shred all of your papers that you don't need that have your personal info.
- keep all the need information in a safe place.
Tips on keeping information safe at work:
- do not give your personal information to people over the phone or through email.
- only give your social security information if you have to.
Tips on keeping information safe when online:
- do not give out personal information on the internet where anyone can view it.
- do not respond to emails if you do not know who they are; obviously, don't give them your information.
- use a good password and do not share that with anyone.
How do I know when someone steals my identity?
Make sure you read your bills often so you will know if there is a problem.
Such problems like:
- withdrawals you didn't make
- things you did not buy
- a change of your address
If someone does steel your information report it immediately. For more info. on how to protect your info. go to