"steels" the show
¡Uses of Molybdenum!
- Molybdenum is a very important component in stainless steel, which is used in water distribution systems, food handling equipment (like pots and pans), chemical processing equipment, and other home, laboratory, and hospital items.
- An essential nutrient for plant life, soils can be unhealthy if they don't contain Molybdenum.
- At very high temperatures when oils usually decompose, Molybdenum can be used as a substantial lubricant because of its very high melting point.
- When most other metals would melt alone Molybdenum is added to strengthen them to withstand extremely high temperatures in furnaces, aircraft engines, nuclear energy, and in other heat generating processes or machines.
- Molybdenum is also used as a filament in light bulbs
- Chemical Formula: Molybdenum is a native element, so just Mo
- Mineral Group: Native elements
- Specific Gravity:10.22 g/cm3
- Transparency: Not transparent
- Crystal Shape: Cubic
- Colors:Black, lead grey, grey
- Streak:Greenish grey
- Cleavage/Fracture: Cleavage
- Special Properties: N/A